Is your business looking for talented people with digital skills?
Digital Jobs is helping to build Victoria’s digital workforce
As digital technologies drive the future of business, the demand for digital skills is growing rapidly.
To help meet this demand, the Victorian Government is building a new talent pool of up to 5,000 mid-career people with digital skills.
The Digital Jobs program helps experienced mid-career Victorians transition into digital careers.
Participants undertake 12 weeks of free digital skills training, before having the opportunity to take up a 12-week digital work placement.
Victorian businesses can access this new talent pool by offering paid work placements (partly subsidised through the program) for our talented career changers.
Find great people
Digital Jobs participants are 30+ years of age, come from diverse backgrounds and have at least 10 years’ experience in a wide range of sectors.
Digital Jobs participants are selected through a competitive three-step process and trained with up-to-date digital skills, backed by industry. Being mid-career workers, they bring a wealth of experience and valuable transferrable skills from their previous careers which enable them to make a valuable and immediate contribution to your business.
Each participant has recently completed 12 weeks of industry backed training in one of the following high-demand digital skills:
- Data analytics
- Digital marketing
- Cyber security
- Cloud computing
- Software programming/development
- Artificial Intelligence/machine learning
- Product management
- Project management (Agile)
- Web development
- User experience/user interface
- IT operations and support.
Become a Digital Jobs business host
Hosting a Digital Jobs program participant is a great way to fast-track recruitment for digital roles and a cost-effective way to bring new skills and new talent into your business.
It’s also an opportunity to help Victorians find a new career direction, especially those whose employment may have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join ANZ, Microsoft, Salesforce, Siemens and other top Victorian employers who have already signed up to Digital Jobs.
How to apply
- Eligible businesses can register here (there is no cost for registering).
- We’ll contact you to discuss the people and digital skills you need and we’ll shortlist participants for you to select from.
- You interview then employ the participants you choose, paying an appropriate entry-level wage.
- You’ll receive a $5,000 wage subsidy from the government for each work placement offered.
- Work placements are for a minimum of 12 weeks but you are welcome to employ participants for longer placements or use this process to recruit for ongoing roles.
- There is no obligation to retain your participant beyond the minimum 12-week period, but if you find they’re a great fit for your organisation, we encourage you to keep them on.
- There are no agency costs or fees – only the costs of employing your participant.