Interested in moving into a digital career?
Join the Digital Jobs program
Digital skills are the in-demand qualifications of the future.
Join the Victorian Government’s Digital Jobs program to enhance your digital skills and reimagine your career.
You’ll receive 12 weeks of free industry-backed training and the opportunity to complete a paid 12-week job placement – then be on your way to a fulfilling, long-term career.
If you’re over 30 years of age, have an appetite for learning and feel motivated to make a change, then Digital Jobs could be for you.
The program gives you:
- 12 weeks of free training in a high-quality, industry-backed digital course
- Opportunities to apply for 12 weeks in a paid digital role with a Victorian business to put your new digital skills into practice. We’ve lined up some of the state’s top employers as hosts. You could find yourself working for Salesforce, CBA, Carsales or Zendesk to name just a few
- Ongoing support from a mentor throughout the program.
Reimagine your career
Upskilling for a career change doesn’t mean abandoning your existing knowledge and expertise. Skills such as problem-solving, planning and organising, collaboration, critical thinking and resilience are all valuable in a digital job.
Whatever your experience or area of interest, adding the latest digital skills to your existing knowledge, work history and skillset will create new career opportunities in the years ahead.
We’ve teamed up with some of Victoria’s top training providers to offer a range of industry-backed courses to suit different interests and skills levels.
Participants complete 12 weeks of industry backed training in one of the following high-demand digital skills:
- Data analytics
- Digital marketing
- Cyber security
- Cloud computing
- Software programming/development
- Artificial Intelligence/machine learning
- Product management
- Project management (Agile)
- Web development
- User experience/user interface
- IT operations and support.
How to apply
We welcome applications from Victorians aged over 30 years, from any background or industry.
We encourage regional Victorians, women looking to return to the workplace and anyone whose job may have been impacted by COVID-19 to apply.
To be eligible you must:
- be a Victorian resident
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or have a valid Visa to allow you to live and work in Australia for at least the next 12 months
- be over 30 years of age or have 10+ years of work experience (10 years in total; not necessarily consecutively).
Participants are selected through a competitive recruitment process facilitated by Hudson Australia.
New rounds of the program will commence in January, May and September each year. The final round will be in January 2024. You can apply at any time.
We recommend you visit the website and read the frequently asked questions before applying.