This guide provides you with local information so you can contact relevant services in your area.

Download the Regional Guide for South Eastern Metro Melbourne (PDF 283KB)

Skills and Jobs Centres

Skills and Jobs Centres are your first port of call if you are looking to enter the workforce, start training, or re-skill.

Your local Skills and Jobs Centre

Dandenong Campus:
311 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong 3175
(03) 9212 4909

Retraining or upskilling

TAFE and other training organisations

If you’re thinking about a training course, take a look at the variety of courses available at the Victorian Skills Gateway. At the website you can find available courses by name, occupation, provider and/or your location. You can also call 131 823 for more information.

Looking for a job

Jobs Victoria

Jobs Victoria links jobseekers with employers looking for staff. If you're eligible, a Jobs Victoria Partner can provide you with tailored support including CV development and interview skills, work experience, skills training, jobs placement and mentoring.

Find your local Jobs Victoria Partner

Find job searching tips on our Get Job Ready page

jobactive Employment Services

jobactive links private and community organisations and services across Victoria. It can help you with range of job-search needs.

For details on jobactive in your area call 13 62 68 or visit

Online job search and professional networking

SEEK is a leader in online employment and training services in Australia. SEEK’s goal is to connect people with careers, related learning and business opportunities.

LinkedIn is a business-orientated social-networking site. It connects you with contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas and opportunities with a broad network of professionals. Employers and recruiters use LinkedIn to find suitable candidates for many different roles.

Financial advice


Centrelink offers a free and confidential Financial Information Service that can help you prepare for retrenchment, including:

  • Financial options
  • Financial planning principles
  • Taxation and social security implications
  • Superannuation
  • Investment choices.

Centrelink provides direct assistance to families through a range of payments and services to help with health, social and welfare expenses.

Visit or call Centrelink Families: Ph: 13 61 50 (Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm).

Centrelink Customer Service Centres in South Eastern Metro Melbourne

1242A Nepean Highway
Cheltenham 3192

7-9 Codrington Street
Cranbourne 3977

27-29 Robinson Street
Dandenong 3175

Cnr Davey & Young Streets
Frankston 3199

125 High Street
Hastings 3915

332 Main Street
Mornington 3931

Narre Warren
71-73 Webb Street
Narre Warren 3805

25 Treloar Lane
Pakenham 3810

3 Jetty Road
Rosebud 3939

324-334 Springvale Road
Springvale 3171

Financial counselling

Financial counselling can help you make decisions about your finances and plan for the future. The following websites contain useful information and pathways to financial advice.




Local council and personal support services

There are a range of community groups and welfare organisations in your local area that can assist you with services such as:

  • Emergency financial relief
  • Housing assistance
  • Counselling.

Contact your local council to find services in your area

City of Greater Dandenong
39 Clow Street
Dandenong 3175
(03) 9239 5100

Frankston City Council
Corner Young & Davey Streets
Frankston 3199
1300 322 322

Narre Warren
City of Casey
Magid Drive
Narre Warren 3805
(03) 9705 5200

Cardinia Shire Council
Henty Way
Pakenham 3810
1300 787 624

Mornington Peninsula Shire
90 Besgrove Street
Rosebud 3939
1300 850 600

Emotional support

A restructure, retrenchment or unexpected income loss can cause financial and emotional hardship for business owners, managers, workers and their families.

Talking to someone is an important first step if you or someone you know is experiencing problems.

Lifeline is a free confidential telephone helpline that offers support regarding mental health and wellbeing. Call 13 11 14.

Beyond Blue provides information and referral services for those who may be experiencing depression, anxiety or substance abuse. Call 1300 224 636.

Other services

Trade unions may be able to provide you with support and advice through this transition period. The Victorian Trades Hall Council has a list of unions here:

Redundancy InfoLink is your starting point for helpful information and assistance after notification of redundancy.