We’re looking for 200 people to work in the horse racing industry, with no previous experience required. We will provide you with paid training before you start and while you’re on the job.
You don’t need to have worked with horses before, and you’ll be supported with mentoring and the opportunity to complete nationally accredited qualifications that could put you on track for a great career.
Roles include stable hand, float driver, assistant trainer, administration, and parks and garden roles. Jobs are being prioritised for people who may need additional support to find work, including:
- women aged 45 years and over
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- young people aged 18 to 25 years
- people with disability
- people facing long-term unemployment
- refugees and people seeking asylum
- newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- people who have recently left the justice system
- culturally and linguistically diverse people who face challenges finding employment
You can start a career in the racing industry and earn a qualification along the way today.
Register your interest
If you’re in Ballarat and interested in working in the horse racing industry, please contact Ballarat Turf Club
For those based in other parts of the state either looking for work or an employer in the horse racing industry looking for staff, register your interest with Skillinvest.