Jobseekers can register on the Jobs Victoria online hub to find work.
On this page
- How do I register for the online hub?
- Am I eligible?
- What kind of work is available?
- What happens after my registration has been processed?
- Need technical help?
- Tips for getting the best out of the online hub
- Help registering
The Jobs Victoria online hub matches jobseekers who are ready to work with employers who are looking for skilled and talented workers.
When you register as a jobseeker, you will receive job alerts that match your skills, experience and location.
How do I register for the online hub?
- Create an account with your name, address and phone number.
- Complete the registration form:
- Tell us about your availability for work.
- Tell us about your work history and any qualifications.
- Tell us if you are willing to work in regional Victoria.
- You will receive an activation email when your registration is processed. This may take up to a day.
- Download the Sidekicker app and login with your Jobs Victoria account to view and apply for jobs.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to register as a jobseeker on the Jobs Victoria online hub if you are:
- legally able to work in Victoria; and
- unemployed or have recently experienced a significant reduction in income; this includes international students and those on student visas.
What kind of work is available?
Jobs listed on the online hub are:
- part-time and full-time roles
- a mix of durations, but usually for 3 months or longer; some shorter-term seasonal roles are available
- paid at the award rate, or the site rate, whichever is higher
- across a range of industries, including outdoor work, community outreach, care giving, operating machinery, preparing food and working in agriculture and food production.
What happens after my registration has been processed?
- You’ll receive email updates with jobs that match your location and preferences.
- You’ll receive an email with information about training opportunities.
- You can complete your profile with more detail about yourself; this is what employers will see when you apply for jobs.
Need technical help?
Technical help with the online hub is provided by Sidekicker: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 882 694.
Tips for getting the most out of the online hub
Once you’ve registered, add detail to your online profile:
- This is your professional profile. Employers will see this when you apply for the job.
- Treat your profile like your resumé. Add as much detail about your skills and experience as you can.
- Include a photo if you feel comfortable to do so.
You can update your profile under ‘Account settings’.
Make the most of every job application:
- Read the position description carefully before you apply. It outlines what the employer is looking for and helps you decide if it’s right for you.
- Write an application that suits the job. Employers are usually looking for candidates who meet the needs of the job advertised.
- Think about transferable skills. For example, if the job requires customer service and you have customer service experience in a different role or industry you should mention you have that skill. Make it clear how it relates to this job.
- Show how you meet the requirements of the job. For example, if the job requires a driver’s licence and you have one, make sure you say that.
- Take your time. Proofread or give it to someone else to read before you submit it, to limit mistakes and make sure you put your best foot forward.
Easy Read guide
An Easy Read guide to registering for the online hub is available for jobseekers with low levels of English language literacy. The guide uses simple language and pictures to communicate the information.
Help in other languages
A step by step guide to registering for the online hub is available in other languages.
- Arabic - العربية
- Assyrian - ܐܵܬܘܪܵܝܵܐ
- Chinese Simplified - 中文简体
- Chinese Traditional - 中文繁體
- Dari - درى
- Dinka - Thuɔŋjäŋ
- Farsi - فارسي
- Filipino - Pilipino
- Greek - Ελληνικά
- Hindi - हिन्दी
- Italian - Italiano
- Pashto - پښتو
- Punjabi - ਪੰਜਾਥੀ
- Somali - Soomaali
- Spanish - Español
- Sudanese Arabic - بالعربي السوداني
- Turkish - Türkçe
- Urdu - اردو
- Vietnamese - Tiếng Việt