The Jobs Victoria Fund is providing $250 million in wage subsidies to assist Victorian businesses to employ at least 10,000 people who are looking for work.
The Fund will support employers to grow and recover while helping Victorians looking for work into steady jobs.
If you are a Victorian employer ready to take on new staff, the Jobs Victoria Fund can financially support you to employ people who have been most affected by the economic impacts of the pandemic.
The Jobs Victoria Fund opens on 26 March 2021. You can submit an online application with the required documentation through the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
On this page
- What are the basics of the Jobs Victoria Fund?
- Jobs Victoria Fund guidelines
- Is my business eligible to apply to the Fund?
- How to apply?
- Resources to support your application
- Recruitment support
- Definitions and FAQs
- Information in languages other than English
What are the basics of the Jobs Victoria Fund?
Jobs Victoria wage subsidies of up to $20,000 are available for eligible employers who hire eligible jobseekers. Wage subsidies can be used to meet the costs of taking on new employees for the first 12 months of employment.
You can apply for a wage subsidy for up to 20 full time equivalent employees depending on the size of your business.
At least 60 per cent of jobs supported by the Jobs Victoria Fund will be for women, reflecting the significant impact the pandemic has had on their employment opportunities.
To qualify for the subsidy you must employ someone from at least one of the priority groups outlined below. These groups are being supported because the pandemic has particularly impacted their employment.
The Jobs Victoria Fund financially supports these priority jobseekers into work:
- women aged over 45 years
- jobseekers who are long-term unemployed (unemployed for six months or more)
- jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria partner
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- people seeking asylum/refugees
- newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- young people aged under 25
- people over 45 years
- people previously employed under the Working for Victoria initiative.
If you are an employer interested in applying to the Jobs Victoria Fund, you must hire employees from these priority groups before you apply to the Fund. If you meet all the eligibility criteria and supply the necessary information, you will receive funding, subject to availability of funds and conditions.
You can apply for a wage subsidy for up to 20 full time equivalent employees.
If you are an employer able to create larger numbers of jobs for priority groups please contact Jobs Victoria by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs Victoria Fund guidelines
Is my business eligible to apply to the Fund?
If you are interested in applying to the Jobs Victoria Fund, and want to find out if you are eligible, this questionnaire will help.
For more information, download the Eligibility Checklist PDF, 101.7 KB.
How to apply?
There are five steps to apply for to the Jobs Victoria Fund.
Step 1: Check if you are eligible
- Complete the Questionnaire – Is my business eligible?
- Complete the Eligibility Checklist
- Read the Jobs Victoria Fund Guidelines
- Questions? Call the Jobs Victoria hotline 1300 208 575 or email email@example.com.
Step 2: Recruit your employee/s
- Hire employees from one of the priority groups of jobseekers as fixed-term or permanent employee(s) (part-time or full-time, not casual) for at least 19 hours per week for 12 months.
- New employees must have commenced their new role on or after 16 March 2021, unless they are transitioning to a casual job in your organisation or were previously employed under the Working for Victoria initiative.
- Recruitment support is available.
Step 3: Apply to the Jobs Victoria Fund
- Applications to the Jobs Victoria Fund open on 26 March 2021.
- Submit an online application within 12 weeks of the first employee commencing.
- You can apply to the Fund for a wage subsidy for a maximum of 20 full time equivalent employees depending on the size of your business.
- Submit an online application with the required documentation through the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Please note that you must attach:
Step 4: Application outcome
- Jobs Victoria will assess your application and notify you of the outcome.
- If successful, we will send you a Letter of Offer and Grant Agreement for your approval and signature
Step 5: Reporting and payment
- Once the Letter of Offer and the Grant Agreement are executed, you will receive payments in accordance with the payment schedule.
- You must continue to employ each of the employees for whom you applied and meet all the conditions set out in the Grant Agreement.
- The value of the payment will depend on:
- the number of employees
- whether employees are employed full-time or part-time
- the priority group that each employee identifies with.
- All successful applicants may be subject to a range of compliance and probity processes, including an independent audit.
Apply for the Jobs Victoria Fund
Applications to the Jobs Victoria Fund open on 26 March 2021. Submit your online application via the Apply Now button below.
Please note: You must hire employees from one of the priority groups of jobseekers before you make an application. If you meet all the eligibility criteria and supply the necessary information, you will receive funding (subject to availability of funds and conditions).
Resources to support your application
The following resources can assist you to prepare your application:
- Questionnaire – Is my business eligible?
- Eligibility Checklist
- Jobs Victoria Fund Guidelines
- Recruitment support
- Factsheet - How to be an inclusive employer
- Definitions and FAQs
The following templates must be completed and attached to your application:
UPDATE: In response to the circuit breaker restrictions announced by the Victorian Government from 11.59pm 27 May, the requirement for applicant organisations to certify their ID has been temporarily removed until further notice.
Please note that electronic versions of the Employee Consent Form are acceptable.
Statutory Declarations can be witnessed and signed electronically. Please visit the Department of Justice and Community Safety webpage for information on electronic signing and online witnessing of legal documents, including how to witness legal documents online by audiovisual link.
- Employee Consent Form
- Statutory Declaration
Support is available to help you find and recruit eligible employees from priority jobseeker groups.
Register on the Jobs Victoria online hub
The Jobs Victoria online hub is a fast and easy way to find people who are ready to work with the skills you need. You can register your business, post job ads and access lists of qualified candidates in your area.
You can register for free on the Jobs Victoria online hub.
Employers can post targeted job advertisements to find employees from the priority jobseeker groups. To enable this functionality please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 208 575.
Jobs Victoria partners
Jobs Victoria partners deliver employment services across the state. Jobs Victoria partners can work with you to identify your recruitment needs and connect you to suitable candidates. Once you hire someone into a role, a Jobs Victoria partner will support you and the employee through ongoing mentoring and advice to improve the chances of the job placement succeeding in the longer-term.
Find your local Jobs Victoria partner.
The Victorian Government has a commitment to Aboriginal self-determination and welcomes applications from Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, Traditional Owner groups and Aboriginal businesses. We recognise that Aboriginal led employment service providers can support better employment outcomes through addressing local needs and opportunities, particularly for young Aboriginal people.
Non-Aboriginal organisations are also encouraged to apply and partner with Aboriginal communities to facilitate employment outcomes for Aboriginal jobseekers.
Jobs Victoria can assist you with all enquiries about recruitment, training, induction, onboarding, new partnerships and community engagement.
Please contact Jobs Victoria at email@example.com.
Information in languages other than English
- Arabic- العربية
- Assyrian - ܐܵܬܘܪܵܝܵܐ
- Chinese Simplified - 中文简体
- Chinese Traditional - 中文繁體
- Dari - درى
- Dinka - Thuɔŋjäŋ
- Farsi - فارسي
- Filipino - Pilipino
- Greek - Ελληνικά
- Hindi - हिन्दी
- Italian - Italiano
- Pashto - پښتو
- Punjabi - ਪੰਜਾਥੀ
- Somali - Soomaali
- Spanish - Español
- Sudanese Arabic - بالعربي السوداني
- Turkish - Türkçe
- Urdu - اردو
- Vietnamese - Tiếng Việt