The Jobs Victoria Employment Network (JVEN) is the Victorian Government program helping Victorians who face barriers to employment into jobs.
The network is made up of Jobs Victoria Partners who are employment specialists. Partners support jobseekers to get job-ready and work closely with employers to help them plan their recruitment and connect them with local candidates.
What services do Jobs Victoria Partners offer?
Job Victoria Partners focus on jobseekers who require assistance to gain employment, and actively engage with employers to identify job opportunities. Jobs Victoria services are completely voluntary.
The services are:
- flexible and designed to meet the needs of jobseekers facing employment barriers
- responsive to particular local and regional needs
- linked to community support services to meet the needs of jobseekers facing employment barriers and maximise employment outcomes
- focused on addressing the gaps in and complementing existing services, including Commonwealth services.
Who is eligible?
Jobs Victoria Employment Network services are open to jobseekers who are either:
- long-term unemployed (6 months plus) or
- at risk of long-term unemployment due to employment barriers and who lack adequate support through other services.
Barriers to employment may include, but are not limited to:
- not completing secondary education
- lack of post-school qualifications
- little or no local work experience
- low English language proficiency
- low literacy (reading/writing)
- lack of digital literacy
- lack of knowledge of job search techniques/processes
- limited social and professional networks that can assist job seeking
- personal circumstances that limit employment options or that hinder job searching and/or holding down a job (e.g. experience of family violence, unstable housing/homelessness, mental health issues, drug and alcohol dependence)
- low confidence and self-esteem.
Jobseekers must be resident in Victoria, and either:
- Australian citizens
- permanent residents or
- temporary residents under Australia’s refugee and humanitarian program who hold visas with work entitlements.
Jobs Victoria services are voluntary.
How do jobseekers and employers get in touch with Jobs Victoria Partners?
Jobseekers and employers can find Partners in their local area and contact them directly or call the Jobs Victoria hotline on 1300 208 575.