Jobs Victoria, in partnership with the Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS), is supporting 200 young people to secure traineeships in the health and community services and local government sector.
The Jobs Victoria Community Traineeship Program offers eligible young people aged 15 to 24 an entry-level role and accredited training.
The program is delivered in the City of Greater Bendigo, City of Greater Dandenong and City of Hume.
How does the Jobs Victoria Community Traineeship Program work?
- offers a 12-month entry-level traineeship to eligible young people in the health and community services and local government sector
- provides accredited training through local TAFE providers – participants complete a Certificate IV in Community Services
- offers flexible, wraparound support to trainees and builds the capacity of employers to supervise and support trainees
- develops a long-term career pathway in a growth sector
- builds a pool of skilled workers to meet future industry needs
- contributes to the development of a best practice model for the delivery of future traineeships.
Where will the traineeships be delivered?
Three Jobs Victoria Partners will deliver the Jobs Victoria Community Traineeship Program in their local area:
- Access Australia Group – City of Greater Bendigo
- Taskforce Community Agency – City of Greater Dandenong
- Youth Projects – City of Hume.
Who is eligible for a traineeship?
To be eligible a prospective trainee must be:
- aged 15-24
- long-term unemployed (26+ weeks) or at risk of long-term unemployment or currently underemployed for less than 12 hours per week working in casual or intermittent employment
- not have a tertiary qualification and not currently enrolled or engaged in any form of ongoing education, employment or training
- living in either City of Greater Dandenong, the City of Hume or City of Greater Bendigo
- an Australian citizen; or a permanent resident; or a New Zealand citizen who has been living in Australia for more than 6 months; or a person seeking asylum who holds a temporary visa with work entitlements.
To register your interest as a trainee or potential host organisation, please visit the Vic Traineeships website for more information.